Beautiful color and super delicious, this smoothie with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries is sure to be your favorite summer smoothie. Make this smoothie in just 5 minutes or freeze ahead of time for breakfast on the go!
“This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
Why you should make this refreshing smoothie now!
We eat a ton of smoothies in our house and this triple berry smoothie is one of the most requested flavors by the kiddos and husband alike.
And it’s also one of the simplest to make! The key to simplicity here buying the frozen triple berry fruit mix. No need to buy three different bags of frozen fruit, saving time and making this recipe even simpler.
If you don’t have frozen fruit for this smoothie on hand, no worries. Just pop fresh fruit into the freezer (I put the whole container in the freezer) and wait about an hour. Now, you have frozen fruit and are ready to blend!
A few notes on the ingredients:
- Triple Berry Mix: I like to buy it at Costco because we go through so much frozen fruit in our house, but Trader Joe’s has a great mix as do most local grocery stores. If you can’t find the triple berry mix, use any frozen berries you like and called it a mixed berry smoothie! Or make your own frozen fruit by flash freezing fresh berries and once frozen store in a zip top bag.
- Milk: You can use any milk you like in this recipe. When I make a dairy free smoothie I typically use almond or coconut milk.
- Greek Yogurt: Again, you can sub any greek yogurt you like here. If you only have flavored greek yogurt in the house, no problem, toss in any complementary flavor and you’ll be fine. Dairy free yogurt works well too.
- Bananas: I keep peeled frozen bananas stored in my freezer at all times, but you can use any ripe banana you have laying around.
Simple step by step instructions
Before you get started, pull all of your ingredients out of the fridge and freezer and plug in your Vitamix or Blendtec or other high speed blender.
Then, add the frozen berries and frozen bananas to the blender. Then the greek yogurt and milk. Cover and start with the blender on low, and then as things start breaking down, turn it to high speed and let it run about one minute.
Vitamix tip: Use the tamper! It will help ensure that everything is really mixed together and perfectly smooth.
You are looking for a smooth, slightly thick consistency when you are done.
Then pour into cups, glasses, or jars (whatever suits your fancy) and enjoy! Or see notes below on freezing.
FAQ’s Tip & Tricks
I find that a high speed blender or one with super high power (I use Vitamix almost exclusively) makes a smoothie that has the texture you are looking for. Regular blenders might work the first few times that you use them, but they can’t typically hold up to the frequent use and don’t blend frozen fruit nearly as well.
Absolutely. This is a good base recipe for any fruit heavy smoothie. My kids love when I substitute sweet frozen cherries for the blackberries. It’s completely adaptable based on your tastes and what you have in your freezer.
Definitely. Make the smoothie, then pour it into glass mason jars for freezing. Then just pop them in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, take off the metal lid and pop them in the microwave for a minute or so until it’s able to sip through a straw. For convenience I pop these silicone tops right on top and serve.
You can also make a batch of the triple berry smoothie in the morning and pop them into these tumblers and stick them in the fridge. Serve them for a morning snack or quick lunch with no added clean up!
Yes there is. If you want to add spinach or another type of greens go right ahead. The color will change from bright berry, but a handful or a bit more won’t be to noticeable.
If you really want to be stealth though about hiding veggies in your smoothie, then try adding frozen cauliflower, like I do in this smoothie recipe.
The color of your triple berry smoothie won’t change and you’ll feel good about an extra serving of veggies. You can add in up to a cup per batch. Remember, you might need to add a bit more liquid if you are adding more produce to the smoothie.
One more tip…
- To make things even simpler, make triple berry smoothie “packs” in zip top bags so all of your ingredients are in one place and you can just dump, add milk and go.
- Freeze either the milk or Greek yogurt in silicone ice cube trays.
- Then, pop a few cubes of the milk or yogurt, the frozen berry mix and frozen banana into a zip top bag and lay flat in the freezer.
- Make a bunch of these as part of your meal prep and you’ll have quick and easy smoothies ready to go when you want them.
Looking for simple breakfast recipes? Try these:
When you try this recipe and love it 😍 let me know by leaving a comment below or 5 ⭐ rating!
Triple Berry Smoothie
- Vitamix or other high speed blender
- 2 cups triple berry frozen fruit mix
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place all the ingredients into the blender container.
- Blend until you reach desired consistency. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little extra milk or yogurt.
- Pour and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this delivered right to your inbox? Be sure to subscribe below and never miss a thing!