No bake chocolate pudding pie is the dessert you've been waiting for all of your life! It's a no bake dessert that comes together quickly, can be made ahead of time, and is perfect for the chocoholic in your family.
Perfect for the winter holidays, hot summer days, or a simple dessert on a random Tuesday, no bake chocolate pudding pie with an Oreo crust will be your new go to dessert.
And if you aren't a chocolate lover, try my Vanilla Pudding Pie that uses the same method, but with vanilla pudding and a graham cracker crust.
- Instant Pudding Mix: Be sure to use the instant mix and not the cook 'n serve pudding mix.
- Cookie Crust: Can be either store bought or homemade. Totally up to you!
Step by Step Instructions
- Whip the pudding mix with the heavy whipping cream.
- Add the whipped pudding mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Smooth the top of the whipped pudding and top pie with chocolate shavings & crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could use a graham cracker crust, a chocolate chip cookie crust or regular pie crust. Really anything that pairs well with chocolate works in this no bake pudding pie.
Yes, absolutely. You’ll just need to use a gluten free pie crust. Either make your own with crushed gluten free cookies and a bit of melted butter pressed into the pie pan, or purchase one at your local grocery.
In our house, we are purists. Crush up some Oreo’s and sprinkle over the top. You could also dollop whip cream over the top or drizzle with chocolate syrup if you are ready to really go over the top.
What’s the best way to store leftovers from a no bake pie?
Leave the chocolate cream pie with pudding in its original pie pan, cover loosely with cling film and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. However, there is no way it’s going to last that long, it's just too delicious! I do not recommend freezing the leftovers, as the creamy texture of the chocolate pudding filling will change.
Be sure you check to see what size box of pudding mix you’ve bought. Any size will work, but it will affect the amount of heavy cream you’ll need to mix with it.
If you use a bigger box than what's written, you'll need a bit more heavy cream to make a stable pudding with a mousse-like consistency for the pie filling.
3 Ingredient Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 2 package instant chocolate pudding (3.4-3.9 oz package)
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 premade chocolate pie crust
- ½ cup crushed oreos (optional for topping)
- Pour the instant chocolate pudding mix in a medium sized mixing bowl. To that, add the heavy whipping cream.
- With a hand mixer, start mixing slowly at first (so you don’t get pudding mix powder everywhere) and then once the two ingredients are combined, beat until you get a light and fluffy pudding mixture.
- Put the chocolate pudding mixture into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top and the top with crushed sandwich cookies, whipped cream, chocolate shavings or anything else you can dream of.
- If you aren’t enjoying it right away, store in the fridge until you are ready to eat.