Chocolate bark is a super easy treats that often gets forgotten, but not this time! This Valentine’s Day chocolate bark is sooo easy to make and really delicious! Whether you are into the sweet and lovey part of Valentine's Day or not, I think we can all get behind a sweet treat like this!
“This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
You’ve got to go make this DIY chocolate bark now!
One of my favorite things about this recipe is how simple and adaptable it really is. This Valentine's Day chocolate bark is the perfect for getting your kids involved in the kitchn. No need to be neat and precise when making this recipe. Rather, it’s about beautiful imperfection and making something that you like the look of...it will taste good no matter what!
It's great for a crowd since it can be made so quickly and with very few ingredients. Additionally, it can be made super allergy friendly. Just use dairy free chocolate chips. Then customize the toppings based on the dietary needs of your guests. You can easily find nut free, dairy free and gluten free toppings at local grocery stores.
A few notes on the ingredients:
- Chocolate Chips: I like to to use semi-sweet chocolate chips here, but you can easily substitute for dark chocolate, especially if you are going to be using super sweet toppings.
- Toppings: You can get really creative with toppings. I suggest looking through your pantry and seeing what fun toppings you have that are red, pink or white and running with it!
Simple step by step instructions
Making chocolate bark for valentine's day is as easy as gathering up your mix-ins and melting your chocolate chips in the oven for a few minutes. Then let creativity take center stage.
First you’ll want to preheat your oven and chop/assemble your toppings.
Then, spread the bag of chocolate chips out in one layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. You’ll want the chips close-ish together so when they melt they touch either other.
Next, put the baking pan in the oven for 3-5 minutes. You just want the chips to melt enough that you can spread the now melted chocolate easily.
Once melty, take out of the oven and with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula, gently spread the chocolate into one even layer. This becomes the base of your bark.
While the chocolate is still melty, sprinkle your toppings over the chocolate, pressing down only enough that things stick, not so that they are submerged.
Let the chocolate cool. I like to do this in the fridge (or even outside if you live in a cold climate). You want the chocolate to harden well for the next step.
Once hardened, break into pieces (whatever size you like) and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to a week (if it lasts that long).
I think anything red, white or pink works perfectly for Valentine's Day! Think candy hearts, M&M's (red, white or pink), sprinkles, marshmallows, holiday Oreo's etc. If you want to get really creative, try crushed Flaming Hot Cheetos, Terra Chips or Red Hots!
Yes, it absolutely is. You can substitute ingredients easily to make this recipe gluten free, dairy free and nut free. It's simple to make vegan and parve as well. Just another reason to love this recipe so much!
One more simple tip
- Since this chocolate bark is so easy to put together you could make it a DIY station at a school valentines day party, a weekend project with the kiddos, or even as an after dinner treat with your special someone. Give each person a small piece of parchment paper and let them spread and top their own chocolate bark.
Looking for other easy dessert recipes? Check these out!
When you try this recipe and love it 😍 let me know by leaving a comment below or 5 ⭐ rating!
simple valentine's day chocolate bark
- off set spatula
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- ½ cup broken oreos
- ½ cup m&ms
- 2-3 tablespoons sprinkles
- ¼ cup white chocolate melted and dyed pink
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread out the entire 10 oz bag of chocolate chips onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Then place baking sheet with chocolate chips into oven to melt for 3-5 minutes, until just melted.
- Take the baking sheet with the melted chocolate out of the oven, and using an offset spatula, spread the chocolate out into one even layer (about the thickness of a penny). Sprinkle your toppings over the melted chocolate.
- Let cool a bit and then drizzle the melted white chocolate over the top. Then cool completely until hardened before breaking into pieces.
- You can easily use any toppings you want. 3 is a good number and I would use about ½ cup of each one.
- Don't have white chocolate in the house? You can easily use melted canned frosting with a little food coloring to drizzle over the top.
- Store the chocolate bark in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week (if it lasts that long).
Want more recipes like this delivered right to your inbox? Be sure to subscribe below and never miss a thing!