These quick banana blender muffins just saved me! That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but they certainly were easy to make and got breakfast in my big kiddo’s mouth before she left for camp this morning!
Wait, let me first explain. Blender muffins are muffins whose batter comes together in about 4 minutes in a blender. Toss all of the ingredients into the container and then blend it all together until you have a thin batter. Then, simply pour from the blender into the muffin tins and bake. Not much to clean up and done super fast!
"This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link."
Why are blender muffins so great?
Well, there are a few reasons.
First and foremost they are simple to make and come together in just minutes. You literally just put everything into the blender (I use my Vitamix) and then a few minutes later, pour the batter into prepared muffin tins.
Secondly, you can easily hide fruits and veggies in these muffins if you are looking for a way to sneak more of the good stuff into your or your kids diet. You can easily add things like spinach, pumpkin, or pureed beets blender muffins. The colors get more fun, they have vegetables, and they still taste great.
Thirdly (is this a word?), they are a great source of fiber and protein. The oats and greek yogurt come together and create a power combination of nutrients, The fiber in the oats and the protein in the yogurt help you stay full longer and make these muffins a super satisfying and healthy-ish (the chocolate chips are the “ish”) treat!
How did you come up with this recipe?
I first came across these blender recipes when I was looking for ideas of healthy snacks for my kids when they were itty-bitty. Three things got me excited about these. I wanted something that would:
- keep well in the freezer (these do),
- be quick to make (these are)
- taste great (yep, that too).
I also really like simple recipes that use real ingredients when my kids are young. When I started playing with other recipes I had to make a lot of changes to finally get this right. Eventually, I settled on this super easy and delicious banana blender muffin base recipe.
These blender muffins can be made in regular size muffin tins, but I really like making them in mini-muffin tins so that little hands can hold them easier. It allows kids to have two of something which I think they really like instead of always hearing “just take one”.
This is recipe is great as is, but serves as a base for endless adaptation.
Today, I’m sharing with you the base recipe for my banana blender muffins. It includes oats, bananas, and yogurt. Once you get comfortable making the base recipe, keep an eye out for other blender muffin recipes I’m going to share in the future. These will include pumpkin blender muffins, hidden spinach blender muffins and beet blender muffins. I’ll teach how I adapt this base recipe so that you can include other vegetables and flavors as you like.
Tip and Tricks:
- The texture of this muffin is not light and fluffy like my blueberry muffins or carrot-zucchini muffins. These are denser. They will also have a slight dome when they come out of the oven, but will likely fall flat as they cool. This is normal.
- The batter will seem thin, it’s okay, this is not a typical muffin batter
- You might see a few chunks of oats when you are done blending, again, this is fine.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out these other blender muffin recipes:
- green monster blender muffins
- cherry blast blender muffins
blender muffins - the base recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mix-ins chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tins liberally with baking spray
- Blender until well combined. The batter will be on the thin side
- Pour into prepared muffin tins
- Bake 17-19 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool in pans for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack
Want to make these now? Are you missing some ingredients? Amazon Now can get them to you in a few hours, Instacart can get them to you today. Or add them to your Peapod grocery list and don't be stuck with out them again!