Salmon Patties - a family classic
A family classic, simple salmon patties make for a great weeknight dinner.
- 24 oz canned salmon i use 6 oz cans and use four of them
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup crispy fried onions
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste I typically use about ¼ tsp, but it's optional
- olive oil for frying
Open and drain cans of salmon well.
Put drained salmon and all other ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
Mix until well combined.
To a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil (about 2-3 TBSP, or enough to just cover bottom of the pan).
Scoop with cookie scoop or regular spoon the salmon patty mixture into your hand to flatten out, and then place in pan. Each patty should be about the size of your palm (not including your fingers)
Fry about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Only flip one time.
Once browned on both sides, place on a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towel to drain
- Use a large cookie scoop to make even size patties
- Slice up about ½ an onion and add it to the oil for a little something extra. The crunchy onion bits that embed themselves in the salmon patties are some of my favorite parts
- Pan fry these in olive oil and watch the temperature. You don’t want to burn the oil or the salmon patties, just want them to be golden brown and cooked through.
Calories: 54kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 138mgPotassium: 61mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 52IUCalcium: 49mgIron: 1mg