super simple spinach artichoke dip that’s perfect for game day, brunch or just a fun appetizer that everyone will love!
- 10 oz frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 jar grilled artichoke hearts or 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic or 2 frozen garlic cubes, defrost
- juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 3–4 shakes hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon salt, a few grinds of pepper)
- preheat oven to 375 degrees, prepared 8×8 glass or ceramic baking dish by spraying lightly with none stick spray
- in a large mixing bowl bowl with a spatula (or in stand mixer with paddle attachment), mix together greek yogurt, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, parmasan cheese, cream cheese and mayonnaise
- add to that mixture the garlic, salt and pepper, and lemon or hot sauce (if using)
- stir again to combine well
- add in the chopped onions, the drained spinach and the chopped artichokes
- stir until everything is well combined
- put into baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella over the top
- bake at 375 for about 30 minutes
remember to squeeze the liquid out of the spinach really well. i like these dish towels, they also have them at ikea which is what I used in the picture!
you can prepare this ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until about 1 hour before you are going to serve it. while the oven preheats, let the spinach artichoke dip sit on the counter. then bake as normal and serve hot and delicious!
Keywords: appetizer, spinach artichoke, chips and dip