This is a simple dinner that you’ll make time and time again. A quick marinade is the key to this delicious sesame ginger salmon.
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger (or two frozen cubes)
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic (or one frozen cubes)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb piece of salmon
- sesame seeds and scallions (optional, for garnish)
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- lightly spray the prepared foil pan and lay the piece of salmon out flat
- score the salmon into filets get 4-6 per 1 lb piece of fish
- in a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil
- pour the marinade over the salmon and use a brush or back of a spoon to make sure that it gets into all the nooks and crannies
- bake the fish at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until it’s just opaque all the way through, being careful not to overcook it
- take out of the oven and using a spatula transfer the fish to a serving platter. garnish with small cut up scallions and sesame seeds if desired.
I like to serve this with sesame noodles and roasted broccoli for a really great and super simple dinner.
you could also cook the ginger sesame salmon on the grill. Leave the skin on and put it skin side down, brush the marinade on top and cook to desired temperature.
Keywords: salmon, sesame, ginger, easy dinner