Simple and delicious pear puree is great for babies first food. But it’s not just for babies, turn it into pear sauce or add to a cocktail for the adults.
- 6 large pears (any color/variety)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/2 teaspoon ginger or 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or other spice of your liking
- 4 tablespoons water (if cooking on the stove)
- Wash the pears thoroughly and into chunks
- If cooking on the stove, add the pears and 4 tablespoons of water to a pot with the desired spices. Cover and let cook on medium heat for about 25-30 minutes.
- If roasting in the oven, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread the chunks of pears out on a parchment lined baking sheet, sprinkle with desired spices and put into the oven. Roast for about 25-30 minutes.
- After the pears are cooked (using either method), transfer to a blender container and puree to desired consistency. If you are using the roasted pears, you may need to add a bit of liquid to get the desired consistency. Do this in small additions so it doesn’t get too thinned out.
If you need to add liquid to the roasted pears for pureeing, you can use water, apple juice, pear juice, a splash of vanilla, whatever liquid you like to reach the desired consistency.
This puree can be used immediately, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen up to 3 months.
If you are freezing, use a silicone ice cube tray to freeze into easy to use cubes.
Keywords: baby food, pears, pear puree, vitamix